Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year....and now home alone.


One more year has come and gone, and I'm still not ruling the world. I really need to move that up on my things to do list......maybe this year.


Wifey and I had a quiet night at home lastnight (I think New Years Eve is like amateur night.) So after dinner we headed home before the crazies came out. I keep feeding her beer like it was candy, and she keep drinking them like they were water. Which they pretty much are/were. You see the wife is one of those that think this is beer.....


I know, I know.....I've tried to bring her into the light, but she's stuck in her ways.

But the night was good, watched I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, and played some pool. The movie was not bad (anything with jessica biel I'll sit thru) and as always the wife lost in pool.

Once the head stopped spinning this morning I started packing things up for the race this weekend in Miami. Normal stuff, extra everything....pedals, shoes, stem, handlebar, seatpost, seat, tools...bla, bla, bla. So now it's just a matter throwing all the stuff in the short bus and hitting the road Thrusday morning.

After a little goodbye lunch wifey headed to the airport and I headed to Gary's for a spin on the fixed gears. A 32 mile roll down to the river, up thru New Hope and back up to D-town. Just enough to knock the cobwebs off the legs.....and not to start off the new year with a big goose egg on day one.

Now I need to get ready for my big night home alone...well with the dogs that is. A beer in one hand and the remote in to other.........God I hate watchinbg TV.

No comments: