Thursday, August 7, 2008

Pissing contest...

...that's the best way to sum up lastnights shop ride, or better yet maybe this...

Yeah, I think that the one there.

I've not done this ride in awhile, but I knew what it was going into it....a bloodfest. It's a big boy ride that for some the unspoken goal is to drop as many above average riders as possible. Sad to say but I think this is the highlight of some of these guys week....that's why myself and others joking call the ride "Wednesday Night Worlds."

We headed down to the river out of Doylestown and crossed over into Jersey. After a four mile spin gone the river we turned upward, and the "fun" began. Anybody that's ridden this area knows it's about as flat as your area stripclub.....you can find your on picture on this one, if I start searching I'll never finish this post.

The ride broken down this this: come to a hill = someone attacked, the steeper the hill the harder the attack was. Once over the top the speed went back to a fast tempo, if you were dropped on the hill you were gone...if you were dangling off the back it was your job to fight your way back on...if you couldn't, again you were gone.

I'll spare the blow by blow but 60 miles later with an average of 20 mph plus I drug my beat, broken and defeated ass back into the parking lot....but I was with what was left of the group, and there was not much left.

2 comments:

Fat Lad said...

We call those ones "willy waving" rides in our club...

Unknown said...

no man, mine is bigger.....