Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The best and the worst...

time of year/and or types of days.

With the changing of the clock this past weekend it's now dark (and I'm talking black dark) by a little after five. I still try to ride in the warmer part of the day, so it's not really cutting in to ride time. It just sucks that it's so dark so early...plus the past couple of days (and the rest of the week) the sun is not coming out...AT ALL. Gray, deary and nasty looking outside...kind of like a horror movie.

But with this time of year brings fixie rides, and I love my fixie. Riding a fixie is great for strength and increasing your cadence, plus it's the best thing to work on a fluid pedal stroke. I also love just being able to zone out...no thinking about should I up/down shift, should I sit on this climb and spin, blah, blah, blah. You've got two options, in the saddle or out...other then that you just push the pedals....weather it's 60 rpm's or 110. You can figure out yourself where the sitting and standing are in those numbers.

Now go vote, I'm going riding.

No comments: