Sunday, February 23, 2014

Group rides....

...so, a group.

Wikipedia describes a "Group" as: "sharing a fundamental kinship with the notion of symmetry."

Agree 100%.

For the one person (of the zero people) that may read this blog, I ride.

But, I also know may place on rides. I've done/won and placed in everything from XC races to 100 milers, 12 and 24 hour races....and there is one thing I've learned from this...on any given day there's always someone that's stronger then you.

So, a group ride.

We all know there's A rides, B rides and so on. My point here is KNOW the ride.

If you're on a ride that splits into two groups (A+, B+) at a set point the "groups" idea is not to start the ride at "your pace." Be it 25 mph or 12 mph....know your group, or the group ride you're joining/trying to take over.

Don't get me wrong here. I'm one of the first people to "help" someone that got in over there head, or is having a down day...I'll help pull/push someone that hurting to finish are ride.


No comments: